Friday, March 5, 2010

My Predictions for the Oscars

Perhaps this comes to no surprise to those who know me but I have actually seen all ten of the best picture nominees. All TEN of the them. Well, actually, the count is really 9 1/2- my husband and I walked out of District 9 half way through. 


OK, I am going to pretend I work in one on those big unidentifiable offices with lots of cubicles- a place where people put in money to vote and win what I believe are called office "pools." As such, my predictions are pointing to who/what I think will win not what I WANT to win. (in parentheses is what I wish would win) Here goes:


Best Picture: AVATAR (The Hurt Locker)
Best Director: Katherine Bigelow
Best Actor: Jeff Bridges (Colin Firth)
Best Actress: Sandra Bullock (Gaourey Sidebe and Carey Mulligan)
Best Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz
Best Supporting Actress: Mo'Nique
Best Original Screenplay: Inglorious Basterds 
Best Adapted: Up in the Air
Best Editing: The Hurt Locker
Best Cinematography: The Hurt Locker
Best Sound Everything: The Hurt Locker
Best Visual Effects: Avatar




Well, OK, maybe some of the choices are wishful thinking but I will be watching and I hope you do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment