Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Only Slightly Interesting Movie Out There Right is One I Haven't Seen

I keep looking at my Fandango App with giddy anticipation- hoping and praying that there really is a film out there within 35 miles of my location about which I can truly get excited. Hot Tub Time Machine not withstanding, admittedly, Polanski's Ghostwriter, creates a bit of a stirring in my loins but evidently not enough to get me in the theatre the first chance I get. Is this the price I pay for living in Woodland, CA? Granted, I am mildly fascinated with the possibility of Greenberg but even as a write this I feel my eyelids getting heavy. I remember the Squid and the Whale was well written and quietly desperate and familiarly tragic in that adult child of divorce kind of a way. But then a trusted friend said to stay far far way from Margot's Wedding which I did. I am interested in Ben Stiller playing the caustically funny depressed Jew since the Woodman has been out of the pictures now for so long but still, not enough to get me off of the couch today. I have the Piano Teacher and Capitalism: A Love Story waiting to be viewed from Netflix and latest Real Time with Maher too so perhaps this will be a quiet Saturday night in front of the glow- which is just fine with me...


Anyone out there seen Justified yet? I am talking about the new FX series with the scandalously charming Timothy Olyphant and a cast of other characters who are bone chillingly and psychotically both ignorant and evil.  It is very violent and mildly (ha ha) unrealistic given the cinematic verisimilitude that the creators are  trying to achieve but it has certainly grabbed my attention. It's a good thing too considering that I am still heartbroken over the ending of Nip/Tuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment