Monday, March 15, 2010

The Oscars are over LOST is coming to a satisfying end and Breaking Bad, Nurse Jackie and United States of Tara are finally back!

Katherine Bigelow wins- James Cameron loses- I do not know which one makes me happiest. I am not usually the vindictive sort but I think in this case I am happier about James Cameron and Avatar losing in pretty much every category. When a young up and coming actress who just made a Cameron film calls him "passionate" and "earnest," you know she is euphemistically pointing out that he is in fact a rageaholic, mean spirited and narcissistic. His bullshit has caught up with him and as far as I am concerned the community, his community is giving him a strong message. The question is is he listening? I do not care how rich or "technically ingenious" someone is- when you cannot be decent and good to those around you- you pay in one way or another.
OK, moving on. Yay Ms. Bigelow. Sad that it took this long for a woman to win in this category but unfortunately, even for the least cynical among us, not surprising.  She is a powerful, purely cinematic director and there was no one more deserving that she this year.


I had so many TV shows and movies in my queue upon my return from the desert but a day at home in my p.j.'s gave me the chance to finally catch up.
I have always had a "love/I am SO bored relationship" with LOST. I gave up again in this last season- the whole gathering of unrecognizable people at the temple was enough for me to turn it off. But with my fast forward button in hand I have been able to stick with it. I am loving the scenes in which we witness the intertwining of their lives if the Island hadn't gotten in the way. The strength of LOST, apart from the crazy story lines, is it's big HEART. Ultimately, love and purpose and understanding is what everyone on the island is seeking and I can relate to that.











No comments:

Post a Comment